Monday, May 18, 2009

Chives and Irene




The painters are now gone and the house looks beautiful. It's the garden that I need to get busy "rebuilding." The painters actually did a good job of not trampling on everything, I'm surprised, so I think I can get things back on track quickly. I started with a simple (very simple, Willow branches) trellis for a clematis that climbed a birdbath last year, which it outgrew. So I'm trying this. And I added about 250 tulip, hyacinth, narcissus etc. bulbs to the garden last Fall. This is my favorite: Princess Irene. I didn't realize it would be so beautiful! They're scattered among Lily of the Valley and white Bleeding Hearts. They play nicely together. (No, I'm not trying to bore you. Really, I'm not trying to, I just am.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...