Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

As a new mom, I wanted to create a couple holiday traditions for my family, my own family, unique to us. We love popovers, fell in love with them years ago on a trip to Acadia National Park at Jordan Pond. So now popovers, smothered in butter and raspberry jam, on Thanksgiving morning are a must. My two year old calls them cupcakes. He ate four cupcakes. And the other new tradition is picking vegetables and herbs from the garden for Thanksgiving dinner. We used our own herbs and ate our own butternut squash and carrots. My son wanted more cupcakes, fewer carrots, but at least he helped pull them from the garden. Made me smile! The first food my son ever ate was butternut squash I grew especially for him. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...