Wednesday, January 20, 2010

SMARTY-PANTS: Smoothies

(the on-going "smarty-pants" post series is me offering up advice on the very things I know so little about: life and parenting. enjoy!)
  
I'm not one to be offering up advice on life and parenting that's for sure, there are plenty of other blogs for that. But I do have a couple tips you might find helpful, little things that help me keep my head above water with two kids. 
  
Like freeze fruit. I know it sounds small and silly, but trust me, this will help you in making smoothies everyday lickety split. When fruit is in season, buy a ton, then cut it up and put in individual freezer bags so they're ready to go into the blender. I put 2-3 different fruits (like mango and blackberries) in a bag so all I have to do is grab that one bag. Add a banana, some vanilla yogurt, juice and you're done. 
   
(please reuse those plastic bags please. wash 'em and store for next batch of fruit)  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...