Wednesday, November 28, 2012

25 Days

We're doing our own advent calendar again this year (and when I say "we" I mean crazy "me"). This is our own "25 Days of Christmas" — where under each number is a riddle or rhyme to find a special treat or something special to do relating to the holiday season.
 

Last year's began with 'The Snowman' by Raymond Briggs that Santa left: "Under your pillow you should look. Santa left you a special book." The second day was to pick out a xmas tree. I won't bore you with the entire 25 but a couple more were things like "Donate toys to other little boys." And we donated unused toys to Cradles to Crayons. "For the birds make, a nutty suet cake." I left everything out on the table to make a suet cake which we hung outside afterward. And "Cookies you will bake. A smile you will make." The gift found in their stockings for that morning were chef hats and after baking cookies we brought them to a local elderly home. You get the idea.
   
Now I'm well aware these aren't genius rhymes people. It's for my 3 and 5 year olds, who really think that Santa's in cahoots with Frosty and Rudolph and they're all leaving them special messages every morning. They're not going to believe in magic for very long so I'm playing into it now while I can.
    

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...