Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Perfect Imperfect Moment

I'm a mother, a gardener and a photographer. Not always in that order.
  
As a mother, I try to grow a happy child. As a gardener, I try to grow the perfect tomato. As a photographer, I try to get both of those in one photograph. 
  
But sometimes the ideal moment isn't drenched in beautiful late day sunlight or framed in a perfectly trimmed garden with every wilted leaf removed. Sometimes you come around a corner and find the perfect moment sitting in the mess eating freshly picked sungold tomatoes by the handful, even hiding some in pockets to snack on later. 
  
I'm a mother, a gardener and a photographer. In progress.


My three year old son, below, helping in the garden this past weekend. This makes me deliriously happy, can't help it. I know, I know, I'm not being my usual flippy self with this post huh?!  Follow this link to a great article on gardening with kids. 


Click on images to enlarge.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...