Thursday, March 12, 2015

What do you want to be when you grow up?

I feel very lucky to have played a small role in a big event this week. 
   
The AdClub had their annual Women's Leadership Forum. A few weeks ago, they approached me about using my photography for their banners, programs, books and more. Of course I said 'Of course!' Their theme this year was "What do you want to be when you grow up?" And they needed photographs of girls to work alongside quotes and answers to this question. Well I have shot some incredible girls in the past ten years and I was happy to share those beautiful, happy faces with the AdClub for their event. 
   
What I didn't realize was how amazing they would make my work look. Big, bright banners rose up over my head as I entered the venue. Photographs flickered on big screens. A book met me on my chair filled with smart, funny quotes and beautiful photographs. For a second, I didn't even realize they were MY photographs. 
   
I was honored that they used my photography. I was even more honored to be in a room filled with 700+ great women (especially at a table with two of my favorite women) and be in the audience listening to and absorbing messages from leaders that I've admired for a long time. 
   
When you get a chance, not IF, but when you get a chance, watch the video on the AdClub website. You will be inspired by the amazing speakers. Listen to Azure Antoinette's poem — not once, but twice, so you don't miss anything. And you will be moved by my friend Chris Edward's remarkable story. You'll want to give him a standing ovation right there in your living room.   
   
http://adclub.org  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...