Tuesday, March 8, 2011

To Flash or not to Flash?

My friend Will Burns of Ideasicle recently said that he thinks he can do all his work from an iPad2. Which is a real bummer for people with sites created with Flash, like me. Anyone visiting kimlowe.com on their iPhone or iPad get rerouted to my blog and miss out on my fabulously-entertaining-mindblowing website (slight exaggeration there). A lot of photographers, artists and designers are in the same boat.  
  
If a prospective client is only using their iPad to view online portfolios then we could easily get overlooked for a job. Especially if people are replacing their computers and laptops with an iPad. And as Will pointed out, most people using iPads are creatives.
  
So you can 1) recreate a new site, 2) reroute viewers from your site to your blog or 3) I'm still figuring out #3, I'll get back to you.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...